Have the best of both worlds — interest and liquidity — with a Morgantown Bank & Trust money market account.
- Tiered Interest
- Direct Check Writing
- Competitive interest on balances of $5,000 or more1
- Tiered rates — higher balances earn higher rates
- Enjoy flexibility with enhanced access to funds, including direct check writing:
- Unlimited in-person withdrawals or by mail
- 6 free transactions per statement cycle by pre-authorized automatic, telephone, checks, drafts, debit cards, or other similar order; $10 per transaction in excess thereafter2
- Avoid the $10 monthly service charge by maintaining a $5,000 minimum daily balance
- Free digital banking
- $5,000 minimum deposit to open
Note: Other fees* such as non-sufficient funds, overdraft, sustained overdraft fees, etc. may apply. See fee schedule for details. Unless stated, minimum opening deposit is only $100. Ask us for details. Bank rules and regulations apply. Interest and other Miscellaneous Income will be reported on 1099-INT or 1099-MISC. If under 18 years old, must have an adult co-owner on account.
1Earns interest if daily collected balance is $5,000 or greater, earns higher interest if daily collected balance is $10,000 or greater.
2A withdrawal is further defined as a transfer of funds to another account(s) at the same institution OR making third-party payment(s) by means of preauthorized, automatic, or telephonic transfers OR withdrawals made by check, debit card, or other similar order made by the depositor and payable to third parties. A $10 charge will be assessed on each withdrawal in excess of 6 in a month (month is further defined as a calendar month OR statement cycle of at least four weeks). Accounts that have in excess of 6 withdrawals in a month are considered in violation of Reg-D and a notice will be sent reminding you of the transaction limitations on this account. If a second violation occurs within a rolling 12-month period, another notice will be sent informing you of the violation. If a third violation occurs during a rolling 12-month period, the account will be converted to a transactional demand deposit account and a notice will be sent to inform you of this change.