Deposit checks directly from your desk with remote deposit capture. We supply the equipment — you collect the cash.
- Deposit checks from the convenience of your office 24/7
- Uses a desk scanner and internet access
- Simply sign, scan, then send checks to the bank for processing
- Streamline check handling from multiple offices or locations
- Funds are made available as soon as daily processing is complete
- Save time — the whole process can be done in a matter of minutes
- Save money — Morgantown Bank & Trust supplies all of the equipment
- Eliminate trips to the bank & transportation expenses
- Fewer errors in accounting
- Reduce the risk of check fraud by eliminating the circulation of paper checks
How It Works
- Your company, ABC Corporation, receives payments by check in the mail or at the office.
- ABC Corp. performs their normal Remittance Processing.
- ABC Corp. prepares a deposit (deposit ticket with total and accompanying checks). This process typically includes counting the number of checks and adding the value of checks at least twice to ensure the deposit is accurate and balanced.
- With Remote Deposit Capture, instead of physically going to the bank to deposit the checks, ABC Corp. can now scan the deposit ticket and checks using a desktop scanner (provided by Morgantown Bank & Trust).
- Once the check images are captured, an ACH file (for eligible items) and/or an image-based deposit is prepared. The RDC system can then transmit (via FTP over the internet as a 128-bit encrypted file) the deposit to Morgantown Bank & Trust for processing.
- The Bank receives the ACH file and/or image deposit and posts to ABC Corp’s account following standard processing and availability timelines.